Tips on How to Use a Baby Walker Safely?
Parenting has been way more comfortable nowadays. You know how?
Many parents now prefer to have a walker for their baby as early stage baby equipment. A walker works as a source of entertainment for the babies. It is safe to place for the babies to sit and explore themselves.
But the main fact is that the usefulness of a baby walker largely depends on its safely use. In this article, you will get a clear concept of how to use a baby walker safely. So, let’s check out.
Important Features to Look For
To get a better service from a baby walker, you should be sure about some features that a good quality baby walker should have. A good quality baby walker contains the following features:
- Friction strips Seats
- Entertainment equipment
- Folding ability
- Locking Bounce Feature
What is the Right Age for Using a Baby Walker?
Actually, it is difficult to define the proper time of using a baby walker. It varies from child to child. The appropriate age of using a walker depends on baby’s strength, size, and development.
You know that these three aspects of an infant baby are not same to all. All the babies don’t grow in size equally. At the same time, the strength and development differ from baby to baby. So the actual age when a baby should baby walker is not for all.
Just keep in mind that you should use a walker for your baby only when it can hold it. Generally 4 to 16 months old baby can use a walker. So in general presumption, it can be said that the minimum age of using a baby walker is 4 month.
Purpose of Using Baby Walker
A baby walker can be used for many purposes. But the main purpose is to put the baby on it so that the mother can do her necessary household works. A baby walker is also a source of entertainment for the baby.
Besides, a walker increases the mobility of a child. Some parents even think that their baby will start walking earlier if they use a baby walker.
Physical Requirements for Using a Baby Walker
To start using a baby walker, a baby must need the capacity of holding it. It is the minimum physical requirement for a baby to use a walker.
If a baby can hold his head up as well as its feet can touch the floor, then it should be allowed to use a walker. The baby also can have to figure out the pushing process with his feet to run a walker. But the children who can walk should not use it.
How to Maintain Safety Uses of a Baby Walker
- Whenever your baby is about to move, then you may like to purchase a baby walker as it a safe place to put on. But don’t forget that baby walker does not give you a guarantee of ultimate safety. It is you who have to look into the safety of your baby actually when it is in a baby walker.
- So you have to follow some safety measures in using a baby walker. Check out the following safety steps.
- Don’t carry the babysitting in the walker up and down stairways and from room to room. You can lose your balance anytime with the bulky weight. Your baby can even fall down eventually.
- Don’t put your baby on the walker when it can walk on its own. Otherwise, it can reach the restricted or dangerous area.
- Don’t put your baby in a walker when it is near to stairs.
- Make sure that all of your staircases have a safety gate to avoid falling.
- Never rely on the safety gates which are spring loaded. It causes tension to stay upright. Your baby can push down these when it is in a walker.
- Stay alert all time whenever your baby is in the walker. Your baby can reach to any dangerous thing any time as it can move.
- Never keep the baby walker around the rivers, lakes, oceans, swimming pools, or any other water source in which your baby can fall into.
- Regularly check your baby walker to find out if there are any broken parts, damage or any such problems.
Things to Consider
- Use the baby walker only on flat surfaces containing no objects. If there are any objects on the surface, then the walker can tip over.
- Using of parking brake cannot totally stop walker movement. So, always keep your baby in view when it is in the walker.
- To avoid burns, keep child sitting on walker away from ranges, radiators, hot liquids, fireplaces, space heaters, etc.
- Check the locking mechanisms, whether it works properly. Keep it out of baby’s reach.
- Do not purchase a baby walker that has gaps. Because if there are any gap in it your baby’s fingers or toes can get trapped into that gap.
- Make sure that the metal parts of the walker are smooth as well as free from any sharp edges.
- Block access to dangerous areas like heaters and steps.
- Provide close supervision before placing your baby into a walker, whether the baby is within your arm’s reach.
- Check for hazards accessories like dangling kettle cords.
- If you are supposed to use a second-hand baby walker, check the seat, whether there is any leak or tear in it. Be sure that the brake mechanism works perfectly.
As the last statement, I can firmly say it that the safety measures mentioned above will ensure a positive experience about using a baby walker. Really these safety tips are not very tough to follow. To ensure the safety of your baby using a walker you surely can support these.
Though there is little bit risk of using a baby walker, baby walkers are still the first choice for most of the parents to put their baby into. Your baby can pass a very enjoyable time sitting on it. So, for having just a few potential risks you should not shy off using this awesome baby item. Just follow the described safety procedures and have a delightful time with your baby on a baby walker.